Tuesday, October 15, 2013

NoBunny will remember this blog! NoBunny - Secret Song: Reflections From The Ear Mirror

Oh, dear... Here I am. Blog night, and oh, the choices! I actually made budget space for booze this week, and now, I have options for drinks (and am one step closer to alcoholism).

Tonight, I will be reviewing the latest from NoBunny, a rabbit mask wearing rocker with a slight glam punk feel. I've only recently become aware of him, but I do dig his style.

Both the music and the attire.

I will be struggling to stay coherent through this review as, along with a nice SoCo drink, I will be doing shots of Jameson. Get ready for the shit show, my friends. *Shot*

Oh, boy... On to the review...

Album:

Alcohol:

*Shot*
"Bye Bye Roxie" opens with a cool little guitar lick and drives the album into the very old school rock vibe NoBunny is known for. Fun song, nothing blowing my mind thus far, but fun opener. I like the consistant "Taco taco taco" beat through this whole song. And it's a fun song lyrically. Simple, but nice. Very abrupt ending.

Coming out with a sputtering start is "True Vulture". This song has a little more musical depth than the former, but continues with the same rock feel. *Shot* Really cool interlude part. Lots of cool rhythmatic parts happening. Another abrupt ending.

Musical depth continues with "Pretty Girls". Cool like... Synth? Line. Sounds almost like a recorder, but I like it. And I like the feel. Lyrics are silly and fun. Ooo... Slowdown. Building... Into chorus again. I'd hope for a bigger pay off, but fun song nontheless.

"Trouble In My Mind" opens as an almost funk rock sound. Subtle vocals, and I like the little interlude licks. So far, Not increible, but incredibly fun. Good tune.

And the first real punch in the face rock tune comes in the form of "It's Pathetic". A wonderfully aggressive punk song that lasted long enought for me to type this which is the perfect punk song length.

Continueing the fast paced feel with "Lizard Liars". Fun, and great punchy guitars. I like it and time fore... *Shot* Oh dear. This may be my favorite moment on the album thus far. The breakdown-ish part is cool. With this ringing sound, that I like a lot. Driving second breadown uild into chorus again. Cool tune here. fall apart ending. Yay.

Driving rock intro to "Rotten Sweet Tooth". It may be the drunk, but I'm digging what I hear. This song has a cool some era of rock feel. Like... A badass Van Morrison? I don't know. All I know is the weird whistle refrain makes me smile. Time for... *Shot* Good tune... I'm drunk.

Guitar and awesome laugh brings us into the rockabilly "Do the Stooge". I like it. Not the best showing on the albu, but it makes me giggle. Which is a luxury of a man wearing a bunny mask. If you make me laugh, I will forgive a sub par tune. Particularly when booze is involved. The lip harp sounding vocals are awesome. Andthe almost country western style melody complementing is nice. I can dig it. beautiful ending. Listen to this one!

"My Blank Space" Comes in driving. Almost a pop punk feel, and is that a synth? It's like he's usng a $30 casio, but is writing the coolest lines with it. This is a beautiful punk tune. Have I meantioned that I LOVE his voice. Not beautiful, but beautiful, you know?

"Little Bo Bitch" opens as a straight up rock tune, and I'm diggint it. The "Litt'e Bo Bitch" refrian with the guitar is very amusing. Typing is hard. Another must hear here. Here here! *Shot* This album is not for the over the top snooty music fan, but if you like to have fun and appreciate old school rock, this is for you!

"Red Light Love" comes is lowkey ut driving with th first real bild of the ablum Settling into a reaknck pace that is nice, but not as fun as the songs preceding. I can dig it, but this is definitly a low point thus far. Ooo. Change up in the bridge is nice. Abrupt ending again, but nice.

"The birthday Girl" comes in subtle before opening into another honkey tonk rock tune. Fun, and I like the reappearance of that cheap casio here. Punk elements are also present. I can dig this tune. Gang vocals. This song is cute. I think that's the perfect description: Cute. Awesome ending drive. Slowdown thing.. Cooll. Fall apart ending.

And reawakened by "Burid in a bong". Short. Good.

Closing the album is "Lovin Lovin You". A very bouncy poppy tune. *Shot* typing is too hard. My assessment: Too low key for  a closer, but I can dig the bouncy fun of this tune. I'd have closed on Buried in A Bong. Key change! Had to note that. 

Fianl Thoughts:
Jameson fucked me up. Good disc. If you don't like fun, don't read my blog and down't get this album. IF you like fun old school punk and rock. You NEED this disc. *Shot*. I'm sorry, Liver (deal with it).

-Badhorse

No comments:

Post a Comment