Saturday, August 10, 2013

Greetings and Salutations!

Hello, and welcome to the most accurate album reviews in the history of music! 

How am I able to make such a bold statement, you ask? Two reasons. One: Every review I write will be pounded out in one sitting while listening to the album and drinking. Two: I have it on great authority (myself) that my musical tastes are flawless. 

In reality, I have two strong passions in my life. Music and words (Also, booze, but I am less ready to admit that one). I feel like it is only natural to combine these passions in a way that would both allow me to express my thoughts and opinions through word and listen to and discover new music.

So I give to you Albums & Alcohol. A blog in which I will do something that has sadly become an outdated passtime: Sit and listen through albums. As I do this, I will be drinking because I like alcohol, and it helps brain cognition. True story, the inter-webs says so! In fact, I am pounding out this sterling introduction with the brain fuel that is Summit EPA.

Out of a glass because I'm classy, and with cigarettes because I'm only a little classy.

So yes, I will sit and listen to albums in their entirety while drinking. All the while, I will be writing in one draft a review of said album. There will be, however, some ground rules for myself to keep this blog legitimate and on course:

  • All of the albums I review will be ones I've never heard in their entirety. It doesn't count if I'm familiar with a song or two because I want to review the album as a whole.
  • Also, I'm prone to ramble and get off topic, so each blog must be written during the sitting while listening to the album. No pausing; although, I may make a revision to add fun facts, further explain things that need to be explained, and in the event of over consumption, make the entry at least somewhat legible.
  • I WANT requests. If you know of a band that you think I should hear, TELL ME. My main focus is to hear new music whether it's amazing, terrible or simply exists. I need more musical exposure.
  • Finally, although I am fully for older music, I am going to do my best to keep things to more current music (Current here meaning 90s onward).
So, again, welcome to Albums & Alcohol. If nothing else, I hope this site gives you some decent musical input on current music, but my real hope is that people may start to see and re-dicover the joys of actively listening to an album because seriously, album making is becoming a lost art.

Enjoy this! (Please?)
-Badhorse (No, not the evil Leader from the ELE)

P.S. Yes, I realize writing a blog while listening to an album seems to go against my request to simply listen to an album, but seriously, how else am I to do this blog? Don't answer that. Fuck you. Please read. =)

2 comments:

  1. Crossbreed, Synthetic Division is an album you should do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Tuesday, I will be doing Ocean of the Sky, but I have this slated for my first September review. =)

      Delete