Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Celebration of Distractions - Panic! At The Disco - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!

Hello, all. I would like to start this off by informing you that while I usually wait until I start typing out this blog to drink, tonight, I broke in to my beer early, and thus, I have a solid buzz going at this point. I am continuing my look back at albums I was not able to review over this year.

Tonight, I will be doing Panic! At The Disco's latest effort, Too Long to type out. Here is everything I know about P!AtD (Not sure if that's the appropriate abbriviation, but it's what I'm going with): They are signed to Fueled By Ramen (Go Vinnie!), A Fever You Can't Sweat Out is a beautiful work of art, I've heard absolutely nothing other than that album. Yep, that sums it up.

'I also know that they have a thing with long titles that may be butchered by my increasingly drunk self.,,

So before I get more drunk... On. To. The. REVIEEEEEEEEEW!

Album:

Alcohol:

"This is Gospel" opens us up with a heartbeat... well.. beat. Going into electronic vocals. Building nicely. Excellent electronic explosion. Probably one of the best I've heard. It's weird being this okay with the electronic feel, but this is really good. God, that push into the chorus is incredible. Well, done. Strong opener here.

Heartbeat outro slows before "Miss Jackson" opens with female vocals. The tune move into a cool beat, and the verses have a nice groove. This is way too poppy for my tastes, yet somehow, I'm digging this hardcore. The drive and dynamics are nice. The groove is beautiful. It's definitely NOT anywhere near their debut album, but still excellent.Really cool bridge. Still gratingly popppy, but.... I like it.

Woah... Transistion threw me... Any how. Cool little thing, then we are into "Vegas Lights". This tune settles into a cool electro punk feel. Not quite as in-your-face as it's predecessors, but not bad either. Very reminicient of the Killers. I wish I were a little more sober to pick out more lyrics, but I dig this in a weird who-am-I? sort of way.

Moving into a REALLY cool electronicy "Girl That You Love". THis is how, like, ALL electronica should be made. Like, I'm not sure what I was expecting with this album, but I know this is not it, and I'm okay with that. Really okay with that. It's a pleasant surprise. Like aa Christmas gift you really needed but forgot you needed in the suffle of all the things you want. You know the feeling? No? Well fuck you then, just listen to the album. This track is super melow, but really cool.

"Nicotine" Comes in super cool wth some keys before a killer synth cts through everything. A very primal beat. And drp out. Cool tune. Like REALLY cool tune. Favorite thus far. Lyrically beautiful. Holy shit. Awesome tune.Gonna smoke a cig to this one. God. If you hear one song off of this album, make it this one! Amazing!

Girls/Girls?Boys is a cool groovy song, and P!AtD is hitting their stride a little bit. Or... Wait. this song is slightly less inspiring. Cool, but knidof meh... nt track. Cool parst, but I'm getting a vaugely filler feel. Goodish tune.

Cool electronic intro to "Casual Affair". Nice groove here. Why isn't every electronic song like this? P!Atd is selling me on electronic music right now, and I'm impressed. This tune has such n amzing feel ike. Ethreal and groove at the ame time. Cool brakdown-ish thing. I LOVE that chorus. Drop out. Beat comes back. Excellent break into keys to end the track.

And sythn coms out of that to start "Far Too Young To Die". Cool electronic beat here again... Nice growth into the chorus. Standard popish tune. I can dig it, bt not anythin astounding. Ooo. Cool heavy push coming out of the second chorus. Into heavy chorus. Nice end.

"Collar Full" opens with a nice synth line before kicking into a nice driving ellectro-punk track. Cool tune, but the album fells as though it's tappering off. This song is cool, but they are really going to have to give a nice end. That being said, I'm still sold on this disc. Whoah. Really cool shitty guitar line there. I dig it. Cool growth into the final chorus here aswell. 

"The End Of All Things" starts the end of the disc with a nice piano line. Starting a very ballad feel as stings come in. The vocals mirroring that of the opening track. I like that. Tension created here... Waiting to see where it goes. Fades... Piano saves it. Nice. Still ballady. Really cool play with the vocals and piano. Pretty. I can dig pretty.

Final Thoughts:
I could blame it on being drunk, but the fact of the mater is... (Gulp) Panic's Too drunk to type it is a great electronic disc.... Yes. An electronic album that I like. It happens. Sometimes. I love it. If you dig electronics, or apparently, even if that's not your thing, you'll probablly find something you like on this disc. And that will probably be track 5... Nicotine. I'm going to listen to that again. 

-Badhorse

No comments:

Post a Comment